If some Windows functions aren’t working or Windows crashes, use the System File Checker to scan Windows and restore your files.
IE11 can be disabled and enabled from the ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ link from the control panel. To repair IE11 firstly disable it and then run ‘sfc /scannow’ from a command prompt window, before re-enabling.
Press the Windows Key and ‘R’ to open the run dialogue.
Type ‘winver‘ and press enter.
Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed
- Corrupted registry keys on 64-bit operating systems
- Corrupted registry keys that control the update data
- Problems that prevent new programs from being installed
- Problems that prevent existing programs from being completely uninstalled or updated
- Problems that block you from uninstalling a program through Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) in Control Panel
When you run the sage payroll installer on a pc that already has or had a previous version installed you will hit the dialogue picker which invites you to choose which installation you wish to update. This might be what you require – if not then there is no obvious method to force a ‘fresh’ installation ignoring whatever happened before, and you might even have a dialogue asking you to choose from an empty [unpopulated] list – you are unable to proceed.
After uninstalling the application and then deleting the program folders etc attempting to by-pass this problem the really critical tip is to look in ‘C:\Windows’.
If there is a ‘Payroll.ini’ file rename/delete it or move it somewhere else if you are cautious.
Obviously take care and back-up data and/or the system if you are working on a live installation.