1. The main recommendation to assure the longest life for a battery is to make sure it is fully charged before first use. The latest battery chemistry of Li-ion and Li-Pol are versatile and can be charged at any time and do not deteriorate or suffer with erratic charging patterns and times. The battery chargers are sufficiently sophisticated to fully charge the battery at any time.
2. If you do not use your Laptop Battery for extended periods of time (a week or more), remove the battery pack from the Laptop, store it in a clean, dry, cool place away from heat and metal objects. NiCad, NiMH and Li-Ion batteries will self-discharge during storage; remember to recharge the batteries before use.
3. Do not expose the battery to high heat or freezing temperatures. Do not leave your battery in your car in the summer. Hot batteries discharge very quickly, and cold ones can¡¯t create as much power.
4. Exercise the battery, at the minimum you should use the once at least every couple weeks. If you haven’t used your battery in sometime then use the break-in procedures again as described above.
5. For laptops that work as Desktop Replacement, the battery should be re-installed every 3-4 weeks and allowed to fully discharge.
6. Leaving a battery in a laptop while using an electrical outlet for long periods of time will keep the battery in a constant state of charging up and that will reduce the life cycle of the battery.